When it comes to dinner time, we’ve got a lot of options here at Fork & Salad, between salads, sandwiches, soups and keiki items. Delicious? Yes! Healthy? You better believe it! So here’s a closer look at what makes us such a super choice for supper.
1) It’s salad for dinner — This is probably the most obvious reason to eat at Fork & Salad. There’s no better way to give your body the nutrients, vitamins and minerals it craves than by eating locally-sourced, fresh whole foods for dinner. Moreover, you won’t feel heavy or gross after the meal, allowing for a restful night of sleep, and cooperative digestion. Don’t ruin that 45-minute spin class you just finished by scarfing down a plate of meat and potatoes! (Oh, and if you have a gym membership, enjoy an extra dinner perk at Fork & Salad!) We even list calorie counts on all of our menu items. So enjoy one of our signature salads or build your own with 50+ fresh ingredients to choose from; your body will thank you in the morning!
2) Healthy beverages — Did you know that drinking one glass of red wine a day helps to lower your risk of heart disease and stroke? Yep, and a glass of red wine happens to phenomenal with a bowl of our hearty lamb chili too! Red and white wines are available daily by the glass at Fork & Salad. Additionally, we offer fresh, island-brewed kombucha on tap; seven flavors to be exact! Kombucha — a probiotic-rich fermented tea — is wonderful for digestion. Just 8 ounces before bed helps replenish the good bacteria our bodies need, promoting a healthy digestive tract and stronger immune system.
3) The power of SUPER FOODS — Food is meant to provide sustenance, and each legume, fruit or seed has its specific health benefits. But some foods seem to go above and beyond for our bodies. For instance, sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A and potassium. Kale contains 3 grams of protein per one cup serving, along with 2.5 grams of fiber, making you feel fuller longer. Beets help boost your immune system, are an excellent source of vitamin C and contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects. So if your doctor has prescribed a handful of specific super foods, odds are we have them in our cold line, so choose what you want and reap the benefits of SUPER FOODS for your next supper!
4) Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free? No Problem! — If you have dietary requests like these, we’ve got you covered. All of our menu items list the above food allergies as a key (gf, v, df) so you know right away. Furthermore, ALL of our dressings, proteins and soups are gluten-free to begin with. Our owners had you in mind at the get-go! So go bananas — no matter what your food allergy or restriction is, we can create the dinner to meet your needs.
5) A deliciously sweet ending — Dessert! Is it healthy? Well, that depends on the person, but at F&S, our desserts are as healthy and guilt-free as it gets. Try one of our Pono Pies — it’s a locally-made breadfruit pie. It has a texture like cheese cake, but it’s dairy-free. The crust is made from shredded coconut and macadamia nuts, so it’s also gluten-free! We offer fun yummy flavors like lilikoi, coffee-chocolate or sweet potato-coconut! Additionally we offer gluten-free locally baked goods from M-Bakery. The salted peanut butter cookie seriously rocks the house! Come try for yourself!
So there are five solid reasons to join us when evening arrives. And don’t forget, you can always call ahead at 808-879-3675 or order using our Fork & Salad mobile app if you want to grab dinner to go! Or come hang out and join us in-house; we’re open every night until 9 p.m.! #EatLocalEatHealthy